How to access Ruah services
- If you need help with homelessness you can refer yourself or a referring agency can complete a referral form.
- If you are experiencing family and domestic violence you need to call Crisis Care.
- If you need help with mental health and wellness you need a referral from a doctor, psychiatrist or mental health clinic.
- If you need help with legal matters related to your mental illness visit the Mental Health Law Centre website and book an appointment.
- If you need legal advice or support relating to Care and Protection matters, please contact the Ruah Legal Services team on 08 9328 8012 or Freecall 1800 620 285.
- Download the referral form and email it to [email protected] or post it to PO Box 8078, Subiaco East WA 6008
- To access Harmony Place and Kambarang refuges contact Crisis Care 08 9223 1111. This is a 24/7 number.
- If you need to access our other family services programs contact us on 13 RUAH (13 7824).
Who is eligible?
Ruah Mental Health and Wellness Services are only available to people with a severe and persistent mental illness who have ongoing clinical support guaranteed by a public mental health provider, a private psychiatrist or General Practitioner. Referrals can only be accepted from treating mental health professionals who are available to provide shared care with Ruah’s personalised support services.
In determining eligibility, Ruah considers a client’s diagnosis, cultural background, how long they have experienced a mental health issue and the involvement of a mental health clinic. Please note that submitting a referral form does not guarantee Ruah services.
If you need more information or advice please contact us.
Mental Health Forums
Ruah have partnered with SANE Australia to host the SANE Forums on the Ruah Website. SANE Forums are a safe place to share your experience of living with complex mental health issues. Our Lived Experience Forum helps you connect to people like you. You can read stories, reply to discussions or start your own.