How to access Ruah services
- If you need NDIS services, Ruah’s subsidiary Suitsme is a registered NDIS provider that specialises in psychosocial support, recovery coaching and NDIS mental health services. To find out more visit the Suitsme website, call (08) 6115 0013 or email [email protected].
- If you are at risk of experiencing homelessness refer yourself or a referring agency can complete a referral form.
- If you are experiencing family and domestic violence you need to call Crisis Care.
- If you need help with mental health and wellness you need a referral from a doctor, psychiatrist or mental health clinic.
- If you need help with legal matters related to your mental health visit the Mental Health Law Centre website.
- If you need legal advice or support relating to Care and Protection matters, please contact the Ruah Legal Services team on 08 9328 8012 or Freecall 1800 620 285.
Refer yourself, a friend or family member:
All you need to do is call 13 RUAH (13 7824) or email [email protected]. If you are experiencing homelessness you can access rest and refresh facilities and referrals to specialist supports from the Ruah Centre located at 247 James Street, Northbridge.
Refer a client – for healthcare professionals:
- Download the referral form and email it to [email protected] or post it to PO Box 8078, Subiaco East WA 6008.
- To refer someone to the EPYCentre please download the EPYCentre referral form and email it to [email protected].
Access to family services:
- To access Harmony Place and Kambarang refuges contact Crisis Care 08 9223 1111. This is a 24/7 number.
- If you need to access our other family services programs contact us on 13 RUAH (13 7824).
Who is eligible – mental health and wellness services?
Ruah Mental Health and Wellness Services are only available to people aged 18-65 with a severe and persistent mental health challenge who have ongoing clinical support guaranteed by a public mental health provider, a private psychiatrist or General Practitioner. Referrals can only be accepted from treating mental health professionals who are available to provide shared care with Ruah’s personalised support services.
In determining eligibility, Ruah considers a client’s diagnosis, cultural background, how long they have experienced a mental health issue and the involvement of a mental health clinic. Support services are available in over 160 suburbs. Please check your eligibility. Full suburb list available here. Please note that submitting a referral form does not guarantee Ruah services.
If you need more information or advice please contact us.
SANE – Mental Health Forums
Ruah has partnered with SANE Australia to host the SANE Forums – providing a safe place to share your experience of living with complex mental health issues. The Lived Experience Forum helps you connect to people like you. You can read stories, reply to discussions or start your own.